There are numerous things, which can be cooked with rice, but sometimes one gets bored because of eating conventional food over and over again. Therefore, it is ideal to make something unique, which will pleasantly surprise your family and guests.
For people who like meat, they should definitely try squirrel with rice, as it tastes delicious. It is popular in some parts of Europe, but if you are in any other part of the world, you have to hunt the squirrel down and then cook it.
Although the squirrel meat can be cooked in many ways, it is better to fry it when you wish to serve it with rice.
Prep time: 20 min Fry time: 15 min Total time: 35 min Yield: 4 servings Utensils: Bowl, Frying pan, Kitchen paper towel, Skillet
Ingredients: Cleaned squirrels cut into strips: 2 Salt and pepper: to taste Flour: 1 cup Garlic powder: 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper: 1/4 teaspoon Frying oil: half cup Rice: 4 cups Water: 8 cups
Fill a skillet with water
Take a medium sized skillet and add cold water into it.
Put rice in skillet
Now, put the rice into the skillet and place it over the stove on medium heat. Allow the water to boil and then simmer for some time. Once the rice gets soft, drain the water and cook on low heat for another five minutes. The rice will be ready.
Wash squirrel meat
Before starting the cooking process, it is best to wash the squirrel meat with water and then bring it to a boil on medium heat. Once it is done, simmer for a few more minutes until the meat gets tender.
Drain the meat
Once the meat is ready, drain it properly and place it in a dry bowl.
Mix other ingredients
Take a small bowl and mix the ingredients such as flour, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and a few pinches of salt into it.
Heat oil in a pan
Start heating oil into a pan, as you will need it to get the squirrel strips properly deep fried.
Apply flour mixture on meat
Apply the flour mixture on the meat from both sides and start placing every strip into the frying pan one by one.
Cook until golden brown
Fry the meat until it gets golden brown from both ends. You can add some other delicious ingredients such as mashed potatoes or corn to the recipe, if you like.
How to Cook Squirrel and Rice – Step by Step
- The Barking of the Squirrels - planetdan.net - June 7th, 2016
- Do squirrels eat apples and pears? - Houzz - June 7th, 2016
- About Stern Environmental Group the bed bug extermination ... - June 7th, 2016
- new haven garage & moving sales - craigslist - June 7th, 2016
- A Few Words for Squirrels - Advocacy for Animals - June 7th, 2016
- Squirrel Control, Squirrel Removal Rochester New York - June 7th, 2016
- Squirrel Removal & Prevention | Squirrel Removal Service ... - June 7th, 2016
- Squirrel Control & Removal NYC | Standard Pest Management - June 7th, 2016
- Staten Island, NY Animal Removal & Pest Wildlife Control - June 7th, 2016
- Squirrel Removal in Westchester, NY - TriState Wildlife ... - June 7th, 2016
- Brooklyn, NY Animal Removal & Pest Wildlife Control - June 7th, 2016
- Squirrel Hunting Made Easy | Missouri Department of ... - June 7th, 2016
- Welcome to NY NJ Wildlife Removal, your first step to the ... - June 7th, 2016
- Squirrel Removal in Queens, New York with Reviews ... - June 7th, 2016
- Raccoons - Arrow Exterminating Company, Inc. - June 7th, 2016
- How to locate squirrel's entrance into roof? - Home ... - June 7th, 2016
- Queens, Bronx, and Brooklyn Pest Control & Wildlife Removal - June 7th, 2016
- Contact Us - March 15th, 2011